We are a one form entry primary school in the Lye area of Stourbridge, with 219 children on roll including our on-site Nursery. The school opened in 1967 and has been a central part of the community since then.
Our staff are dedicated to doing the best for our children - there have been many changes in staffing over the past few years, and we now have a small and committed team driving forwards, together.
Our school does feel different at the moment owing to COVID-19 and all the measures that are in place to try and mimise risks. We are currently not going on trips, visiting the library or having visitors in. Start and finish time vary according to class, to try and keep people from gathering on the playground. Now, with the rule of 6 in place, I would ask that parents and carers take even more care while dropping off or picking up.
Despite these measures, we continue to offer the fullest curriculum we can - enabling children to experience a wide range of learning activities and challenges. Children are still doing Forest School - see our Rufford Rangers page for detail about this.
Children have an important role to play in our school's life: we have an active School Council. They help to make decisions, including interviewing potential members of staff, and are genuinely listened to. Our Y6 play area was designed by children, who also wrote the bid for funding.
If you would like to know more, have an explore of our website, or call Ms Laight in the school office.
Ms Alice Middleton
- Saturday 13 February 2021 - Sunday 21 February 2021 Half Term
- Thursday 1 April 2021 Break Up
- Friday 2 April 2021 - Sunday 18 April 2021 Easter Holidays
- Monday 3 May 2021 BANK HOLIDAY
- Saturday 29 May 2021 - Sunday 6 June 2021 HALF tERM
- Friday 9 July 2021 INSET - school closed to children
- Wednesday 21 July 2021 Break Up
- Thursday 22 July 2021 - Tuesday 31 August 2021 Summer Holidays