We have great news, Rufford Primary School will be officially joining Invictus Education Trust on September 1st 2021. The Regional Schools Commissioner wrote to us last week with our ‘Academy Order’ making Rufford Primary School the first primary school to join the Trust!
Rufford Primary School to Join Invictus Education Trust
Rufford headteacher, Alice Middleton, said “I am so pleased for everyone at Rufford that we are about to join Invictus Education Trust. There will be great opportunities for our children, and the wider benefits that will come to the local community are very exciting. It will be a privilege to work more closely with the team at Invictus to strengthen what we offer, and to plan how our staff and resources will benefit older students from the trust. The journey is just beginning, and there is a lot of hard work to be done but together we are stronger and the children's future will be all the brighter".
Although the date of conversion is officially 1st September 2021 the collaboration will begin immediately with in-school and central Trust support teams working together to ensure a smooth and productive transition. It is an exciting time for everyone involved, including our communities who will now also experience the benefits of being part of a Multi Academy Trust that ALWAYS put students first.
Tony Bowles, Invictus Education Trust Chief Executive Officer added: “We have been working with Alice and the school governing body on this project for a few months, and I am overjoyed that we can finally share this news, from our very first meeting I knew Rufford would be a perfect fit within our Trust, and the perfect choice to become our first primary school. We are a values driven Trust which means that our seven values guide everything that we do, in our many meetings and visits to the school it was obvious to us that Rufford’s students, staff and communities share similar values. Although, we feel there is so much that we can offer to Rufford, in terms of opportunities and experiences thanks to our vast resources, there will be so much that we will learn from them in our partnership, particularly as we are keen to expand our primary school partnerships.”
- Thursday 22 July 2021 - Tuesday 31 August 2021 Summer Holidays
- Thursday 2 September 2021 - Friday 3 September 2021 INSET School closed to pupils
- Monday 6 September 2021 Children return
- Friday 1 October 2021 Y2 Harvest Assembly
- Wednesday 20 October 2021 - 15:15 - 17:00 Spooky Disco
- Monday 25 October 2021 - Friday 29 October 2021 Half term
- Monday 8 November 2021 - 13:30 - 16:30 Parents' Evening for R, Y2, Y4, Y6
- Tuesday 9 November 2021 Parents' Evening for N, Y1, Y3, Y5
- Thursday 11 November 2021 Y5 Remembrance Assemly
- Friday 26 November 2021 INSET school closed to pupils
- Monday 20 December 2021 - Monday 3 January 2022 Christmas Holidays
- Tuesday 4 January 2022 INSET school closed to pupils
- Wednesday 5 January 2022 Children back in
- Monday 21 February 2022 - Friday 25 February 2022 Half Term
- Friday 18 March 2022 Red Nose Day
- Thursday 7 April 2022 - 09:15 - 09:45 Y4 Passover/Easter assembly
- Friday 8 April 2022 INSET school closed to pupils
- Monday 11 April 2022 - Friday 22 April 2022 Easter Holidays
- Monday 25 April 2022 Children return to school
- Friday 29 April 2022 Y1 Eid assembly
- Monday 2 May 2022 Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 4 May 2022
- Thursday 5 May 2022 Election Day - closed to pupils?
- Monday 30 May 2022 30/05/2022
- Monday 30 May 2022 - Saturday 4 June 2022 Half Term
- Friday 22 July 2022 - Sunday 4 September 2022 Summer Holidays