Our current structure is:
Chair - Mrs R Blackburn (parent)
I am a parent at the school, have been a governor since 2016 and Chair for a year. I currently work at Lye and Stourbridge libraries and am passionate about ensuring access to resources and opportunities that encourage curiosity, open minds, develop skills and enhance lives. Previously I worked in quality auditing and contract management in the field of publicly funded legal advice. I am also a member of the Friends of Hay Green and believe that access to quality outdoor spaces and experiences benefits everyone.
Vice-chair - Mr N Smith (co-opted)
Much of my teaching career was spent in an around the West Midlands. I taught in a number of Dudley schools, including St Marks, Wren’s Nest and Lapal Primaries. I have also taught in a number of Special schools. The last 14 years of my career were spent as a Head teacher in three Special schools- the last seven years at Old Hall School in Walsall.
I became a co-opted governor at Rufford in February 2019. I believe strongly that the work undertaken at Primary school builds the foundations that children need to achieve their full potential. This is not just academically but also by creating confident, healthy and happy pupils. Rufford is a school that mirrors this belief. As a school governor I see my role as one of providing support and challenge to help ensure that Rufford continues to improve and provides the very best start for all our pupils.
Mr T Fellowes (co-opted)
Mrs E Bunting (parent)
My name is Emma Bunting and I have been a parent governor at Rufford since 2017.
I became a school governor as it was an opportunity for me to make a difference to the children that attend Rufford. We have a wonderful school with amazing children and staff and I wanted to be part of the governing body to celebrate this.
I felt the skills I use in my 'day job' as a Health and Safety Manager would be beneficial to the school and the children.
I am immensely proud to be part of the Governing body at Rufford and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for us.
Ms C Lello (co-opted)
Mrs L Roberts (staff)
Mrs M Qari - parent
Ms A Middleton (headteacher)
I started my teaching career in 1991 in Suffolk, and worked in Manchester, Telford and Shropshire before moving to Rufford in April 2013. I am lucky to work with such dedicated staff and wonderful children at Rufford. It is a very special place, and what drives the staff is knowing that we make a difference to our children's lives - seeing children learn and grow makes teaching the best job in the world!
- Monday 25 October 2021 - Friday 29 October 2021 Half term
- Monday 8 November 2021 - 13:30 - 16:30 Parents' Evening for R, Y2, Y4, Y6
- Tuesday 9 November 2021 Parents' Evening for N, Y1, Y3, Y5
- Thursday 11 November 2021 Y5 Remembrance Assemly
- Friday 26 November 2021 INSET school closed to pupils
- Monday 20 December 2021 - Monday 3 January 2022 Christmas Holidays
- Tuesday 4 January 2022 INSET school closed to pupils
- Wednesday 5 January 2022 Children back in
- Monday 21 February 2022 - Friday 25 February 2022 Half Term
- Friday 18 March 2022 Red Nose Day
- Thursday 7 April 2022 - 09:15 - 09:45 Y4 Passover/Easter assembly
- Friday 8 April 2022 INSET school closed to pupils
- Monday 11 April 2022 - Friday 22 April 2022 Easter Holidays
- Monday 25 April 2022 Children return to school
- Friday 29 April 2022 Y1 Eid assembly
- Monday 2 May 2022 Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 4 May 2022
- Thursday 5 May 2022 Election Day - closed to pupils?
- Monday 30 May 2022 30/05/2022
- Monday 30 May 2022 - Saturday 4 June 2022 Half Term
- Friday 22 July 2022 - Sunday 4 September 2022 Summer Holidays