We aim to provide a safe learning environment where children develop the skills to become responsible, articulate citizens of the 21st century, ready to move on to the next stage of their education. We want our children to be challenged by staff who understand their individual needs and strengths, and who have high expectations of all, including themselves. Our children should not be afraid to make mistakes, but be determined to learn from them; they should not be constrained by the curriculum, but encouraged to think independently and flourish, whatever their gifts may be. We celebrate the diversity of our local community, and encourage everyone to play their part in doing what is best for our children.
We believe in a curriculum of opportunity, and staff are currently reviewing and revising our curriculum to enable our children to experience life to its full. Reading is at the heart of all we do, and our aim is that every child will be able to read and understand text at an appropriate level for their age. We are determined that all children will have access to a broad curriculum; even in Year 6 when SATs are looming large. It is vital for our children to experience history, art, the outdoors and all other aspects of learning, not just reading, maths and writing. With that in mind, our Year 6 children continue to go to Forest School, cook, learn the guitar and paint right up to, and beyond, SATs week in May.
National School Breakfast Programme
Our School has joined the government's National School Breakfast Programme (NSBP), which is being delivered by charities Family Action and Magic Breakfast.
As a NSBP school we are pleased to offer a healthy breakfast, available to all, and enjoy the benefits that brings, with children settled and ready to learn at the start of the school day. We will offer healthy breakfast bagels free to all children from Nursery through to Year 6, and we would welcome your child to join us for a great start to the day. Our breakfast starts on Tuesday 7th May until March 2020 and will be held in each class every day before registration. An allergy & ingredients list is available in class.
- Friday 23 October 2020 INSET - closed to children
- Saturday 24 October 2020 - Sunday 1 November 2020 Half Term
- Monday 9 November 2020 - 15:30 - 19:00 Parents' Evening
- Friday 18 December 2020 Break Up
- Saturday 19 December 2020 - Sunday 3 January 2021 Cristmas Holidays
- Monday 4 January 2021 INSET - School closed to children
- Saturday 13 February 2021 - Sunday 21 February 2021 Half Term
- Thursday 1 April 2021 Break Up
- Friday 2 April 2021 - Sunday 18 April 2021 Easter Holidays
- Monday 3 May 2021 BANK HOLIDAY
- Saturday 29 May 2021 - Sunday 6 June 2021 HALF tERM
- Friday 9 July 2021 INSET - school closed to children
- Wednesday 21 July 2021 Break Up
- Thursday 22 July 2021 - Tuesday 31 August 2021 Summer Holidays